About ISO Newswire
ISO Newswire is a comprehensive resource for news and information about ISO New England and the wholesale electricity industry within the six-state region of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. The site is regularly updated with timely stories of interest and importance to those in the industry, government regulators and legislators, the media, and the general public.
ISO Newswire covers a range of topics to help readers navigate the many facets of this complex industry. Here you’ll find:
- Updates on the development, progress, and state of affairs of New England’s power grid and wholesale electricity markets
- In-depth features and interviews on industry initiatives
- ISO New England company news
- Announcements about ISO New England publications, meetings, and trainings
- Deadline notices and other technical market information for participants in the region’s electricity markets
About ISO New England
ISO New England is the independent, not-for-profit company authorized by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to perform three critical, complex, interconnected roles for New England:
- Grid operation—Every minute of every day, we coordinate and direct the flow of electricity over the region’s high-voltage transmission system.
- Market administration—We design, run, and oversee the billion-dollar markets where wholesale electricity is bought and sold.
- Power system planning—We do the studies, analyses, and planning to make sure New England’s electricity needs will be met over the next 10 years.
Together, these three responsibilities help protect the health of the region’s economy and the well-being of its people by ensuring the constant availability of competitively-priced wholesale electricity—today and for future generations. Learn more.