Get go-ing with the latest ISO to Go update
Our revamped mobile app makes it even easier to stay up-to-date on the region’s power system and wholesale electricity markets
June 21 marks the first official day of summer, and ISO to Go has all the wholesale energy info you’ll need on the hottest days of the season! Today ISO New England is proud to introduce ISO to Go 2.0, our latest mobile app update for smart phones and tablets. Equipped with past, present, and future details about the regional power grid, its energy resources, and wholesale electricity prices, ISO to Go 2.0 provides all the facts and figures necessary for keeping up with New England’s ever-changing power grid.
“ISO to Go has gained a steady following among energy industry professionals, data enthusiasts, and New England residents looking to see what happening on the grid whenever they want, and wherever they may be,” said Gordon van Welie, president and CEO of ISO New England. “ISO to GO 2.0 builds upon this foundation, improving the experience for users, whether they are deeply invested in the wholesale electricity markets or just want to see how regional electricity usage is impacting the grid.”
Complete with easy-to-use design, ISO to Go 2.0 offers several exciting new features, including:
- An updated price map including day-ahead and real-time wholesale electricity prices for each of the region’s eight zones, the New England Hub, and the five interchanges where electricity is imported from, or exported to, neighboring regions.
- A rolling 12-hour pricing chart for each zone, as well as updates on any binding constraints in the region.
- Demand curves providing a simple visual of New England’s consumer demand for electricity, with more detail on real-time regional demand throughout the day and demand for previous days.
- Key data from the ISO’s morning report, 3-day demand forecast, and 7-day capacity forecast.
- An enhanced fuel mix section detailing the energy sources powering New England at any given moment, including capacity stats for renewable energy resources.
- Customizable push notifications for users who want to be alerted when the power system is operating under abnormal or emergency conditions, or when prices cross certain thresholds.
ISO to Go 2.0 is now available for download on Apple and Android devices. Apple users who have downloaded the previous version of ISO to Go will need to update the app in the App Store; Android users will have to download ISO to Go 2.0 as a new app from Google Play.
For more information, read the press release and visit www.iso-ne.com/isotogo.