ISO, stakeholders discuss capacity market reforms at roundtable in Boston
On Friday, February 28, 2014, Robert Ethier, Vice President of Markets Development, delivered a presentation at the New England Electricity Restructuring Roundtable on enhancing the Forward Capacity Market (FCM) to improve resource performance and investment in New England—challenges identified through the Strategic Planning Initiative.
The Restructuring Roundtable featured a variety of speakers discussing topics on the evolution of the region’s capacity and energy markets. The agenda for the event is provided below.
Capacity (and Energy) Market Design
- Dr. Sam Newell, Principal, The Brattle Group
- Bill Mohl, President, Entergy Wholesale Commodities
- Julien Dumoulin-Smith, Executive Director, U.S. Electric Utility/IPP Group, UBS Investment Bank
- Donald Sipe, Attorney, PretiFlaherty
New Forward Capacity Market Proposals for New England
- Dr. Robert Ethier, VP Market Development, ISO New England
- Peter Fuller, Director of Regulatory Affairs, NRG Energy